If you’re planning a BBQ or garden party this summer then Richardson’s Walled Garden at CAFRE’s Greenmount Campus is the perfect place to learn how to produce the perfect bouquet for alfresco dining.
As part of the college’s Floristry Open Weekend (on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd July) the floristry team will also be on hand to teach you how to use plants inside to make your home healthier.
You can also hear about how successful the floristry students’ have been in recent design competitions and find out more about the floristry and horticulture courses at Greenmount and careers in floristry and horticulture. It’s not too late to apply for a place on a horticulture or floristry course in September.
A limited range of plants grown by students will also be available to buy.
The gardens and woodland trails are open from 10am-5pm on Saturday 2 July and 1pm-5pm on Sunday 3 July. Admission is just £5 per car. For directions visit our website.
Notes to editors:
Photo caption - Shannon Ormandy of Vintage Rose Florist Shop in Randalstown with her winning bouquet which gained her a place for a third successive year to the final of the young florist of the year at Chelsea. This year Shannon was awarded a bronze medal for her stunning floral headdress.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, email@example.com or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Minister Poots launches new Northern Ireland Food Strategy Framework 24 September 2021
- High interest in Tier 2 FBIS Capital Scheme 24 September 2021
- Poots reminds farmers to report all cattle abortions and stillbirths for brucellosis testing 23 September 2021
- Lord Deben and CCC Chief Executive Chris Stark 23 September 2021