The Northern Ireland Environment Agency (NIEA) is an Executive Agency within the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs.
The Agency’s primary purpose is to protect and enhance Northern Ireland’s environment, and in doing so, deliver health and well-being benefits and support economic growth.
The Agency’s key priorities are:
- a full compliant regulated industry
- freshwater and marine environment at "good status"
- a compliant crime free waste sector
- good habitat and landscape quality with species abundance and diversity
- promote environmentally sustainable development and infrastructure
- NIEA Business Plan 2019-20
- NIEA Business Plan 2018-19
- NIEA Business Plan 2017-18
- NIEA Business Plan 2016-17
Annual Reports and Accounts
- NIEA Annual Report and Accounts 2016/17
- NIEA Annual Report and Accounts 2017/18
- NIEA Annual Report and Accounts 2018/19
Organisation and structures
The Agency is headed by a Chief Executive and two Directors:
|Chief Executive||David Small|
|Director of Resource Efficiency Division||Tracey Teague|
|Director of Natural Environment Division||Helen Anderson|
The Board, consisting of the NIEA Chief Executive and its two Directors alongside representatives of the Policy Divisions, meets on a monthly basis to ensure the Agency carries out its statutory functions and activities.
- NIEA Board meeting minutes - 2020
- NIEA Board meeting minutes - 2019
- NIEA Board meeting minutes - 2018
- NIEA Board meeting minutes - 2017
- NIEA Board meeting minutes - 2016
- NIEA Board meeting minutes - 2015
Members of the public may bring information to the attention of the Board regarding items on the Board agenda by contacting the Board Secretariat: