- Operators must obtain the agreement of the Border Control Post before implementing the following contingency plan (DAERA may update web site if made aware of major outage)
- Registered Traces NT customer can provide pre-notification of animals, products of animal origin and some non animal products products by filling out the relevant document, below, and emailing it as outlined in point 2
- Completed CHED documents created during contingency, along with relevant documentation***, must be emailed to both our admin office address and also the intended Point of Entry. Include date and time ETA in title of email along with business name.
- Incomplete or missing information may result in your pre-notification being rejected.
- Once Traces NT is back online, you, the customer, must retrospectively create an application for your consignment on Traces NT.
** Legislation requires the plan to be available if Traces NT is unavailable for 1 hour or more. Due to the large daily volumes of CHEDs in Northern Ireland. DAERA will only implement the plan where a consignment is expected at the point of entry within 4 hours of the Point of Entry
*** Keep document file sizes to a minimum
Contact Details for Point of Entries
Belfast Port--- Belfast.Portal@daera-ni.gov.uk Tel. 02890 378555
Larne Port--- Larne.Portal@daera-ni.gov.uk Tel. 02828 260021
Warrenpoint Port--- Warrenpoint.Portal@daera-ni.gov.uk Tel. 02894 426824
Admin Office--- Portal.email@example.com
Link to Plant Health contingency plan can be found here.