The CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme (Revocation and Savings) Order 2018 came into force on 1 October 2018.
The final compliance year for participants in CRC will be 2018 to 2019. You must maintain your CRC registry account until 31 March 2022 and evidence packs until 31 March 2025.
Actions for all participants
As a participant you must have:
- Collected all relevant CRC energy data for the year 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019.
- Submitted your annual report and ordered (between 1 June and 31 July 2019) any allowances you needed by the 31 July 2019.
- Paid for allowances ordered between 2 and 19 September 2019 inclusive.
- Surrendered the allowances to match your reported emissions by the 31 October 2019.
If items 1 to 4 are complete you will only need to:
- Continue to update contact details on the CRC registry until 31 March 2022.
- Maintain your evidence packs until 31 March 2025.
You no longer need to:
- Collect CRC energy data (but you may have obligations under Streamlined energy and carbon reporting (SECR)).
- Make annual reports for years beyond the 2018 to 2019 compliance year.
- Register for further phases.
- Pay subsistence fees not already due.
Corrections to reports
If you need to make corrections to the 2018 to 2019 or previous year’s reports, you can make them until 28 February 2022. You may require further allowances as a result of corrections. If they are not available on the secondary market, they will be made available through a special allocation until the end of February 2022. If a shortfall in allowances is discovered after the end of February 2022, the administrator can impose a penalty at least equal to the value of the allowances shortfall.
Compliance and enforcement
The CRC regulators will continue to do compliance audits and take enforcement action where necessary until 31 March 2025. It’s therefore necessary to keep your evidence packs until then.
Until the 31 March 2022 refunds for allowances will be at the discretion of the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. The rules for allowances refunds have not changed. After 31 March 2022 the Secretary of State may refund any un-surrendered allowances.
Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting
From 1 April 2019 SECR requires many companies formerly within the scope of the CRC to report energy consumption and energy efficiency actions. They must do this as part of their annual director’s report. See more information on SECR.
For further information on the CRC, please contact us on 028 9056 9299 or email@example.com