Nitrates Action Programme (NAP) and Phosphoros Regulations 2011-2014
On 1 January 2011 changes to the Nitrates Action Programme (NAP) and Phosphorus Regulations were made for the period 2011-2014. The main changes affect the spreading and field storage of farmyard manure, spreading chemical fertiliser near waterways, spreading on steeply sloping land and the field storage of poultry litter. The new regulations replace the NAP and Phosphorus Regulations 2007-2010. The NAP Regulations and the Phosphorus Regulations apply to all agricultural land in Northern Ireland.
Compliance with the Nitrates Action Programme is one of the Cross Compliance Statutory Management Requirements. Therefore, farmers claiming Single Farm Payment and other direct payments are required to comply with the NAP Regulations. Measures relating to the Phosphorus Regulations are not Cross Compliance Verifiable Standards. However, adherence to both sets of regulations is required by law.
- 2011-2014 Nitrates Action Programme and Phosphorus Regulations and associated documents
- Frequently Asked Questions on NAP 2011 -2014 and Phosphorus Regulations
- Nitrates directive derogation information 2011-2014
- Review of 2011-2014 Action Programme for the Nitrates Directive in Northern Ireland and associated regulations
- Nitrates Action Programme (NAP) Review 2013 - Stakeholder meeting