What is Cross-Compliance?
The term Cross-Compliance refers to the requirement for farmers to comply with a set of Statutory Management Requirements (SMRs) and keep their land in Good Agricultural and Environmental Condition (GAEC) in order to quality for full payments under the following schemes.
Schemes coming into effect from 2015 onwards:
- Basic Payment Scheme;
- Young Farmers Scheme;
- Environmental Farming Scheme;
- Forestry Expansion Scheme;
- Forest Protection Scheme;
- Woodland Investment Grant;
- Pilot Protein Crop Scheme
- Small Woodland Grant Scheme
Schemes that will continue in 2015 and beyond:
- Farm Woodland Premium Scheme (agreements signed after 1/1/07);
Northern Ireland Cross-Compliance verifiable standards
These booklets provide details of the Northern Ireland Cross-Compliance requirements.
- Cross-Compliance 2018
- Cross-Compliance 2019
- Cross-Compliance 2020
- Cross-Compliance 2021
- Cross-Compliance 2022
- Cross-Compliance 2023
These documents are the matrices used for fixing payment reductions for negligent or intentional Cross-Compliance breaches: