The Risk based fish export certification (RBFEC); Groupage export facilitation scheme (GEFS) and Logistics Hub: Certification away from the premises of origin schemes are summarised below and full details are provided in the links contained within the summary.
Defra, the Central Competent Authority for trade, has made various certification schemes available in the UK to facilitate the provision of SPS assurance for movement of POAO within the UK before final export from GB to EU/ NI. Not all commodities or movements of POAO are eligible for each of these schemes and strict eligibility criteria are applied. It is essential that all food business operators and exporters read this information carefully to establish which schemes may be applicable to their business.
- Brexit transition Q&As - Movement of Products of Animal Origin (POAO)
- DAERA Premises List
- Export Health Certificates (EHCs) not available on Form Finder
- Exporting animals and animal products from Northern Ireland to a Third Country (DECOL)
- Exporting Food Products of Animal Origin and Animal By Products to GB for later onward export to EU/NI from GB (SHA Online)
- Milk and milk products Q & A