In the event severe weather conditions, such as flooding, snow or a prolonged dry spell, there are several ways to contact us regarding your concerns.
Animal health and welfare
For advice on animal health and welfare, please contact DAERA by telephoning 0300 200 7840.
NIEA water pollution hotline
The NIEA water pollution hotline is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It also provides a dedicated emergency pollution email address.
- Telephone: 0800 807 060
- email: email@example.com
For advice following a flooding incident, please contact a CAFRE Advisor by telephoning 0300 200 7843.
Epizootic Disease and Welfare
The Epizootic Disease and Welfare Line is manned by on-call Vets. Telephone 028 9052 5596.
DAERA customer helpline
- Telephone: 0300 200 7852
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DAERA text relay
If you have a hearing difficulty you can contact the Department via Text Relay:
- calling from a textphone - dial 18001 + number
- calling from a telephone - dial 18002 + number
DAERA Direct Regional offices
DAERA Direct regional offices are open from 09.00 am – 4.00 pm each working day (closed for lunch from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm).
Rural Support operates a helpline which provides a listening ear and signposting service for farmers and rural dwellers.
- Telephone: 028 8676 0040
- Helpline: 0845 606 7607
Wildfires are not natural - they are almost always started by humans either deliberately or by being careless. If you see someone setting fires, contact the Police Service of Northern Ireland PSNI.
If you see a fire in the countryside, report it immediately to your local Fire & Rescue Service.
More useful links
- Reporting flooding (nidirect website)
- Winter help and advice (nidirect website)
- Fire safety outdoors - barbecues, camping and the countryside (nidirect website)
- Bonfire safety (nidirect website)
- The Police Service of Northern Ireland (nidirect webisite)