An overview of NIFAIS
This video will explain the why, what and how of NIFAIS.
The development and delivery of NIFAIS will be staged initially for bovines and then other species.
- Stage 1 is anticipated to be delivered early 2023. This will include Keeper Registration & Tag Suppliers (already live), Bovine Disease Tracing, Import and Export, Valuations, AFIB Milk functionality, IRM, Cattle Identity Inspections, Residues, VPHP & Farm Quality Assurance.
- Stage 2 will go live in 2024. Stage 2 covers other species and includes IRM, Tracing, Disease Control, VPHP, Welfare and Enforcement, Sample Plans, Residues, AFIB and Cross Compliance.
Functionality for all work areas in Stage 1 continues to be developed and tested. Successful delivery to date includes links to master data management and functionality for Keeper registration & bovine tag ordering.
Some of the additional benefits will include:-
- the integration with GIS, which will allow better management of disease information;
- compatibility with mobile working, smartphones and laptops’
- the sending and retrieving of documents from Content Manager; and
- internal users will not need a separate password, as user access will be controlled by specific permissions allocated by the NIFAIS Support Unit.
PVPs, like they do now with APHIS, will need to have the necessary access permissions in place to access DAERA Online Services and NIFAIS (e.g. ePVP and eAVI).
Many PVPs went through an exercise in 2018, whereby a customer ID form was completed, and their ID verified by a DAERA official.
To ensure that all PVPs have the required permissions to access NIFAIS, we would ask that you carry out the following.
Access your NIDA Account
When you log in to NIDA, could you please check if you are able to access DAERA Online Services?
Once NIFAIS is live, there will be a NIFAIS button, similar to APHIS Online, for you to access the services you have permission for – e.g. TB testing on ePVP.
If you can see the APHIS Online button you do not need to do anything further for now as you have successfully authenticated into DAERA Online Services.
Already Registered with NIDA but have Failed to Successfully Log In
Contact your local DAERA Direct Office (DDO) who will be able to help you log in.
No Customer ID or NIDA Account Set Up
You will need to complete a customer ID form and forward to your local DDO for processing.
A NIDA account will need to be set up, once your customer ID has been verified.
NIDA registered with no customer ID (CAS error)
You will need to complete the attached customer ID form (please use the same link as above), and forward to your local DDO for processing.
You will find the list of all DAERA Direct Offices at here.
If the necessary permissions, customer ID and NIDA verification are not in place for NIFAIS go live, this will impact your ability to access the appropriate DAERA Online Services.
There will be a hybrid approach to training for both NIFAIS internal and external end users. This will include, navigation videos followed by train the trainer training for internal superusers. Classroom style training, will be delivered to all end users in the lead up to NIFAIS go-live.
Requests for information
Please forward any comments or suggestions on what other NIFAIS news you want to learn about to NIFAISComms@daera-ni.gov.uk.