An overview of NIFAIS
You’ll find the embed code for the video below:
This video will explain the why, what and how of NIFAIS.
The development and delivery of NIFAIS will be staged initially for bovines and then other species.
- Stage 1 is anticipated to be delivered early 2023. This will include Keeper Registration & Tag Suppliers (already live), Bovine Disease Tracing, Import and Export, Valuations, AFIB Milk functionality, IRM, Cattle Identity Inspections, Residues, VPHP & Farm Quality Assurance.
- Stage 2 will go live in 2024. Stage 2 covers other species and includes IRM, Tracing, Disease Control, VPHP, Welfare and Enforcement, Sample Plans, Residues, AFIB and Cross Compliance.
Functionality for all work areas in Stage 1 continues to be developed and tested. Successful delivery to date includes links to master data management and functionality for Keeper registration & bovine tag ordering.
Some of the additional benefits will include:-
- the integration with GIS, which will allow better management of disease information;
- compatibility with mobile working, smartphones and laptops’
- the sending and retrieving of documents from Content Manager; and
- internal users will not need a separate password, as user access will be controlled by specific permissions allocated by the NIFAIS Support Unit.
There will be a hybrid approach to training for both NIFAIS internal and external end users. This will include, navigation videos followed by train the trainer training for internal superusers. Classroom style training, will be delivered to all end users in the lead up to NIFAIS go-live.
We would like to hear from you
Please forward any comments or suggestions on what other NIFAIS news you want to learn about to NIFAISComms@daera-ni.gov.uk.