The ANC scheme is part of the Rural Development Programme 2014-2020. It provides a payment on eligible hectares of forage land in the Severely Disadvantaged Area (including SDA common area), to compensate for all or part of the additional costs and income forgone related purely to the constraints for agricultural production in the area.
The scheme pays £20million to approximately 8,800 farm businesses. Payment rates for the scheme are £56.47 per hectare up to 200 hectares, and a reduced rate of £42.35 per hectare thereafter.
The ANC Scheme has been extended for one more year. Claims for ANC 2018 must be submitted on the 2017 Single Application before the closing date of 15 May 2017. This final year of the scheme has a budget of £8million.
Notes to editors
- The Department has received approximately 9,500 application for the 2017 ANC scheme. The target is to pay 95% of eligible claims by 31 March 2017.
- Payments under the 2017 ANC Scheme commenced on 13 March 2017
- The regulations require checks on all claims to verify eligibility and to assess the correct amount due before a payment can be made.
- Under the terms of Regulation (EU) No. 1305/2013 ANC payments under the scheme must be degressive above a threshold level of area per holding.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or email DAERA Press Office. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 076 239 74 383 and your call will be returned.