The Agricultural Wages Board for Northern Ireland (AWB) has confirmed changes to pay for agricultural workers. At a meeting of the AWB on Friday 8 March 2019, the Board agreed the rates from 1 April 2019. The rates are:
|Grade||Definition||Rate per hour|
|1||Minimum rate - applicable for the first 40 weeks cumulative employment||£6.88|
|6||Farm Management Grade||£10.32|
The operative date for the new rates is the first pay reference period beginning on or after 1 April 2019 and these are specified in the Board’s Order No 99. Copies of the Order will be available shortly.
Hard copies are available by contacting;The Agricultural Wages Secretariat,
Upper Newtownards Road,
Belfast BT4 3SB
(Tel: 028 9052 4012)
Notes to editors:
- The Agricultural Wages Board is constituted under the Agricultural Wages (Regulation) (Northern Ireland) Order 1977 and meets each year to consider changes to the rates of pay and related conditions for agricultural workers.
- The Board ordinarily comprises six members of Unite the Union, six members of the Ulster Farmers' Union, and three members appointed by the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development.
- This Press Release is issued by the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs on behalf of the Agricultural Wages Board.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.