The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has announced that advance CAP payments began to issue from Monday 16 October 2017.
It is anticipated that payments will reach farmers’ bank accounts on Thursday 19 October 2017. Further payments will be made on a daily basis throughout October. Balance payments, or full payments for those unable to receive an advance payment, will be made from 1 December 2017.
Advance payments can be made on fully verified claims and the Department successfully obtained permission from the European Commission to make advance payments at 70% of claim value rather than 50%. The Department remains the only region of the United Kingdom to make advance payments and is making every effort to make advance payments to as many farm businesses as possible.
Payment letters have begun issuing and, in addition, DAERA will be making payment statements available online for the first time. Farmers and their agents will be able to view their own payment information online through DAERA Online Services.
Notes to Editors
- The exchange rate for 2017 is €1 = £0.89470
- Direct Payments in the UK are paid in sterling except where the farmer elects for payment in Euro by the deadline for submission of Single Applications.
- Payments will be made in the chosen currency by electronic transfer into the farm business bank account.
- Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/daera_ni
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- DAERA announce extended opening hours for SAF Advisory Service 26 April 2018
- Northern Ireland local authority collected municipal waste management statistics released 26 April 2018
- Showjumping Ireland provide bursary to reward success at CAFRE Enniskillen 25 April 2018
- Budding volunteers required for wild flower survey 25 April 2018