Advance Direct Payments to farm businesses will begin to issue on Wednesday 16 October 2019, the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has announced.
It is anticipated that the first payments will begin to reach farmers’ bank accounts from Monday 21 October 2019.
Advance payments will continue to be issued on a daily basis until early November. Balance payments, or full payments for those unable to receive an advance payment, will commence on 02 December 2019.
The Department successfully obtained permission from the European Commission to make advance payments at 70% of claim value on fully verified claims.
NI remains the only region of the United Kingdom to issue advance payments and the Department is making every effort to process advance payments to as many farm businesses as possible.
Payment letters, which can be viewed online through DAERA Online Services, have started to issue.
Notes to editors:
- The exchange rate for 2019 is €1 = £0.89092
- Direct Payments in the UK are paid in sterling except where the farmer elects for payment in Euro by the deadline for submission of Single Applications.
- Payments will be made in the chosen currency by electronic transfer into the farm business bank account.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- First case of goat disease Caprine Arthritis Encephalitis (CAE) in NI 21 November 2019
- Technology Demonstration Farms – Now up and running 21 November 2019
- CAFRE to host farm business support events 19 November 2019
- CAFRE and Mustad offer thoroughbred shoeing seminar with Mr William Mulqueen (DipWCF) 19 November 2019