Advance Direct Payments to farm businesses will begin to issue on Wednesday 16 October 2019, the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has announced.
It is anticipated that the first payments will begin to reach farmers’ bank accounts from Monday 21 October 2019.
Advance payments will continue to be issued on a daily basis until early November. Balance payments, or full payments for those unable to receive an advance payment, will commence on 02 December 2019.
The Department successfully obtained permission from the European Commission to make advance payments at 70% of claim value on fully verified claims.
NI remains the only region of the United Kingdom to issue advance payments and the Department is making every effort to process advance payments to as many farm businesses as possible.
Payment letters, which can be viewed online through DAERA Online Services, have started to issue.
Notes to editors:
- The exchange rate for 2019 is €1 = £0.89092
- Direct Payments in the UK are paid in sterling except where the farmer elects for payment in Euro by the deadline for submission of Single Applications.
- Payments will be made in the chosen currency by electronic transfer into the farm business bank account.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- A timely reminder of changes to record keeping for High Phosphorous poultry manure 23 January 2020
- Northern Ireland Greenhouse Gas Projection Statistics Released 23 January 2020
- Minister Poots extends closing date to Business Development Groups Scheme 22 January 2020
- Increase farming knowledge and skills by joining a Business Development Group 22 January 2020