The Rising Costs Industry Taskforce strives to ensure consistent advisory messaging across a wide range of Agri-Food Stakeholders. Since the group was established in April 2022, members have endeavoured to ensure that appropriate help and advice is made available to the Northern Ireland industry.
These activities have included a range of advisory articles issued to the printed press, a dedicated website page, an industry wide late spring survey and 16 on-farm events hosted by College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE), supported by taskforce members.
During the summer taskforce members have been gathering information around silage quality, animal movements and the potential impact of various scenarios on farms this coming winter. This work continues with the launch of an autumn survey to establish farmers plans and preparation for the winter period. Results from the survey will define advisory messages and the support needed over the coming months. The survey was designed by AgriSearch and Ulster Farmer’s Union with input from all taskforce members.
The survey is now open. All organisations involved in the Rising Costs Industry Taskforce will be sharing a link to the survey encouraging all farmers to participate.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office: email@example.com
- DAERA seeks six new Members for CAFRE’s College Advisory Group 22 September 2022
- Drinking Water Quality remains high across Northern Ireland 22 September 2022
- Re-opening of Tier 1 of FBIS Capital focus on higher input costs 22 September 2022
- Minister Poots praises Zone 1 farmers who have registered for the Soil Nutrient Health Scheme 21 September 2022