Minister for Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs Michelle McIlveen has welcomed a delegation from China’s Jiangxi Province to Stormont.
The delegation, led by Mr Hu Hangping, Director General of Jiangxi Provincial Agricultural Department, is visiting Northern Ireland to learn about the agri-food industry with a particular interest in livestock production. This high-level group, made up of five Departmental representatives and three food company executives, met with the Minister as part of an itinerary which included a visit to Moy Park and the Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI).
DAERA Minister Michelle McIlveen said: “I am pleased to have the opportunity to welcome Mr Hu and his delegation from Jiangxi Province, one of China’s key agricultural regions. They are in Northern Ireland to find out more about our livestock production and what they will see is a sector which is setting the standard internationally from research and development in animal production and food safety through to high quality safe, innovative food products.
“We are continuing to build our relationships with China at all levels and I thank Madam Wang, Consul General, for her continued support to our agri-food industry through inward visits such as this one. Our visitors from Jiangxi are important to us as they return to China to share the story of our world renowned agri-food industry.
“I am committed to developing opportunities with China for the NI agri-food industry and working to enhance relationships. There is a lot of good work already taking place and we continue to explore areas of mutual benefit.
“Today, I welcome Mr Hu and our other guests to Parliament Buildings. I trust the delegation’s visit to Northern Ireland will be productive, informative and enjoyable.”
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or email DAERA Press Office: email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- New innovative Food Degrees at CAFRE 05 December 2023
- New Countryside Survey underway 05 December 2023
- SNHS Zone 1 farmers to receive final soil analysis reports 04 December 2023
- Brucellosis compensation rates for December 2023 01 December 2023