Every family has their own special traditions with serving Christmas pudding. Some are served with brandy butter others with flaming brandy or golden syrup.
National Diploma Food students at CAFRE’s Loughry Campus have come up with their own unique take on the traditional pudding and their top tip is to serve Christmas pudding with a rich and creamy dairy ice cream. The ice cream they have developed contains a generous swirl of caramel sauce and heaps of chocolate chips.
Always keen to put their skills to work the students manufactured both the Christmas puddings and the ice cream in Loughry Campus’ state of the art food production facility.
If you would like to find out more about our National Diploma courses in Food Technology and Food Nutrition and Health visit the CAFRE website and you can keep up to date with all our student activities on our Facebook page @discovercafre.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Rising to the challenge of making one of our favourite foods healthier 21 January 2020
- DAERA offering dairy farmers a free trip to learn innovative heifer raising techniques 21 January 2020
- Construction company fined for water pollution offence 21 January 2020
- Using technology and innovation to protect the environment and support farm efficiency 17 January 2020