Guy Smith, NFU Deputy President has been announced as the keynote speaker for the 2019 Arable Conference.
Guy farms a mixed and diversified family farm in north-east Essex. He served for eight years on NFU Council as the Essex delegate. Other NFU positions include four years as a member of the Governance Board and six years as Chair of the NFU Communications Group. In the past Guy has served on the boards of FACE (Farming and Countryside Education), HGCA (Home Grown Cereals Authority) and Landskills New Entrants Committee. He is a founder of the Essex Schools Food and Farming Day. Guy is a Fellow of the Royal Agricultural Society and recipient of an Honorary Doctorate for services to Agriculture from Essex University.
The 2019 Arable Conference entitled ‘what’s around the corner?’ will be held at Greenmount Campus, CAFRE on Tuesday 15 January 2019. Registration for the event will open early December, see upcoming press for further details.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Equine laminitis seminar 22 May 2019
- Construction gets under way of new play park facilities at Peatlands Park 21 May 2019
- Control noxious weeds now 16 May 2019
- New code to help farmers reduce air pollutant 16 May 2019