Guy Smith, NFU Deputy President has been announced as the keynote speaker for the 2019 Arable Conference.
Guy farms a mixed and diversified family farm in north-east Essex. He served for eight years on NFU Council as the Essex delegate. Other NFU positions include four years as a member of the Governance Board and six years as Chair of the NFU Communications Group. In the past Guy has served on the boards of FACE (Farming and Countryside Education), HGCA (Home Grown Cereals Authority) and Landskills New Entrants Committee. He is a founder of the Essex Schools Food and Farming Day. Guy is a Fellow of the Royal Agricultural Society and recipient of an Honorary Doctorate for services to Agriculture from Essex University.
The 2019 Arable Conference entitled ‘what’s around the corner?’ will be held at Greenmount Campus, CAFRE on Tuesday 15 January 2019. Registration for the event will open early December, see upcoming press for further details.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Soil training workshops continue in Colebrooke and Strule catchments 20 February 2019
- DAERA seeking views on the proposed Nitrates Action Programme 20 February 2019
- Food labelling explained at CAFRE 19 February 2019
- Farmer sentenced for animal welfare offences 19 February 2019