CAFRE will reopen the Business Development Groups (BDG) Scheme to applications on Monday 18 November 2019 at 10.00am.
For the first time, CAFRE is offering a new type of BDG providing an opportunity for farmers to focus on an increasingly important side of their farm business - environmental farming.
Local groups will look at the environmental aspects of farming including: biodiversity, habitat creation and enhancement, grazing management, field boundaries, farm birds, wildlife and pollinators, water quality, including nutrient management planning and soil health and climate/carbon farming.
Activities will include on-farm meetings, projects and demonstrations and will provide an opportunity for you to meet with like-minded farmers interested in farming and conservation in your locality. A dedicated facilitator will help guide the group discussion and also each member will have access to a CAFRE Agri-Environment Adviser.
Group members will have the opportunity to measure their environmental achievements and develop conservation / environmental plans for their farm. Help to understand and comply with environmental requirements including Environmental Farming Scheme agreements will also be provided.
Come along to hear more about Environmental Farming BDGs at CAFRE’s “Supporting Your Farm Business” events which are being held at Greenmount Campus on 26 November 2-4pm and 7-9pm, Enniskillen Campus on 28 November 7-9pm and Loughry Campus on 3 December 7-9pm.
The Business Development Groups Scheme is partly funded by the EU through the Rural Development Programme 2014 - 2020.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Bakery Retail Food Safari 12 December 2019
- CAFRE students raise £1,000 for Enniskillen disability charity 10 December 2019
- NI’S Chief Vet comments on Avian Influenza (Bird Flu) confirmation 10 December 2019
- DAERA fund innovative research through 2020 Postgraduate Studentship scheme 10 December 2019