Staff from a range of local bakery and snack companies recently participated on a Retail Food Safari to London and gained an insight into innovative developments within the bakery sector. The initiative was organised and delivered by Invest Northern Ireland in partnership with CAFRE.
The group obtained an overview of the changing grocery landscape and the growth within the Food to Go sector as well as gaining interesting product awareness and product dynamics, through market briefings and store visits. The group visited a wide range of stores from retail outlets, food halls to specialist bakeries across central London, these included visits to Planet Organic, Paul, Sainsbury’s, Pret a Manger and the Domonique Ansel Bakery where they sampled the infamous cronut.
Finally the diversity of ‘food to go’ products on sale in the Borough Market and Seven Dials Market gave the NI food companies much to reflect on.
If your company is seeking technical support on bakery developments, please do not hesitate to contact Zita McNaugher at CAFRE: firstname.lastname@example.org or 028 867 68101.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Rising to the challenge of making one of our favourite foods healthier 21 January 2020
- DAERA offering dairy farmers a free trip to learn innovative heifer raising techniques 21 January 2020
- Construction company fined for water pollution offence 21 January 2020
- Using technology and innovation to protect the environment and support farm efficiency 17 January 2020