Staff from a range of local bakery and snack companies recently participated on a Retail Food Safari to London and gained an insight into innovative developments within the bakery sector. The initiative was organised and delivered by Invest Northern Ireland in partnership with CAFRE.
The group obtained an overview of the changing grocery landscape and the growth within the Food to Go sector as well as gaining interesting product awareness and product dynamics, through market briefings and store visits. The group visited a wide range of stores from retail outlets, food halls to specialist bakeries across central London, these included visits to Planet Organic, Paul, Sainsbury’s, Pret a Manger and the Domonique Ansel Bakery where they sampled the infamous cronut.
Finally the diversity of ‘food to go’ products on sale in the Borough Market and Seven Dials Market gave the NI food companies much to reflect on.
If your company is seeking technical support on bakery developments, please do not hesitate to contact Zita McNaugher at CAFRE: firstname.lastname@example.org or 028 867 68101.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- We’ve never been more grateful to waste sector for their vital work - Poots 02 June 2020
- Poots highlights dangers of pollution in waterways 02 June 2020
- Food safety remains paramount in the midst of continuing Coronavirus pandemic 01 June 2020
- One of the world’s longest running surveys, moves online 01 June 2020