The compensation payable, for reactors and negative in contacts for which notice of intended slaughter is issued in August will be either:
a) 75 per cent of the animal’s market value: or
b) 75 per cent of £1,800 (75 per cent of £2,100.00 in the case of pedigree animals)
Whichever is the lesser.
Please note there has not been enough animals to implement a change.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NI beef farmers granted access to US market for first time in 20 years 17 September 2020
- Poots encourages eligible farm businesses to apply for Covid-19 support fund 16 September 2020
- ‘The science of Ammonia’ – DAERA launches three online seminars 15 September 2020
- August stocking of Departmental waters 14 September 2020