Business Development Groups (BDG) in the Ards and East Down area are currently on their 5th round of on-farm meetings. This group met recently on James and Jonathan White’s farm in Comber to discuss winter feeding, feed efficiency and making the best use of forage.
Cows on the farm are still grazing during the day which added to the discussion around the benefits of extended grazing. BDG meetings are focussed discussions on seasonally topical subjects and issues on the host farm.
This group have covered hoof care, grazing management, reseeding and fertility in their meetings. The winter programme will allow them to discuss topics such as dry cow management and financial benchmarking whilst in spring they will focus on nutrient management.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter: @daera_ni.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Payment claims for EFS must be made on Single Application 03 April 2020
- Right waste, right place - essential during Covid-19 crisis 03 April 2020
- Poots announces £1.5m support package for fishing industry 03 April 2020
- DAERA Minister urges halt to prescribed fires to aid stretched emergency services 02 April 2020