The CAFRE Agricultural Business Operations (Level II Certificate) course is open for 2019/20 applications.
In 2018/19, 172 candidates enrolled and 166 successfully completed the Level 2 Agriculture Business Operations Course. Training was delivered over 20 weeks from October 2018 to March 2019 at the three CAFRE Campus locations with a total of seven classes covering three agricultural sectors being taught.
97% of 2018/19 students were satisfied with the course and felt they had gained knowledge from participating in the course and would recommend the course to others and also felt the course will be of benefit to them when running their farm business.
William Dennison from Antrim who successfully completed the course along with his son and brother in 2018 said: “I really enjoyed the course and learned a lot and it suited me that it was held in the evenings. I would thoroughly recommend the course to anyone interested in agriculture and thinking of applying for the Young Farmers’ Payment/Regional Reserve Scheme.”
You can book a place on a course by visiting the CAFRE website.
A range of evenings, Monday to Wednesday will be available, however, choices will become more limited as classes fill up. Therefore, it is important that you book early to ensure you get the training event which best suits your needs. The cost of the course is £150.00.
The classes will begin in early October and run weekly for 20 weeks. All of the classes will be based in one of the three CAFRE Campuses – Greenmount, Loughry and Enniskillen. Classes will be sector based and include dairying, beef, sheep, horticulture, poultry and crops.
If you require any assistance when booking a place on this training, you can call CAFRE Industry Training Administration on 028 9442 6880 or by emailing: Industry.TrainingAdmin@daera-ni.gov.uk
Notes to editors:
- Photo caption - CAFRE Agricultural Business Operations (Level II) course manager Kenneth Johnston congratulates William Dennison from Antrim on achieving his Level 2 Agriculture Business Operations certificate. Looking on are William’s son James and his brother Stirling who also successfully completed the programme.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Minister visits north coast following £2.7m investment 05 August 2020
- Preparing properly and safely for autumn calving 03 August 2020
- New dairy beef enterprise producing results on a Glens of Antrim farm 03 August 2020
- Minister announces £150,000 Water Quality Improvement initiative 03 August 2020