CAFRE have announced a series of events to inform farmers of a number of schemes that will benefit their business.
‘Supporting Your Farm Business’ events will be held on CAFRE campuses on the following dates:
- Greenmount Campus, Antrim on Tuesday 26 November (2pm to 4pm and 7pm to 9pm)
- Enniskillen Campus on Thursday 28 November (7pm to 9pm)
- Loughry Campus, Cookstown on Tuesday 3 December (7pm to 9pm)
CAFRE Director, Martin McKendry said: “I encourage all farmers to attend these events. You will have the opportunity to talk with CAFRE staff who can help you decide which Schemes are best for you and your business. In particular, you can find out more about one of our new Schemes, Technology Demonstration Farms as well as the new Environmental Farming option within the Business Development Groups Scheme.”
Schemes that will be discussed at the events include:
Business Development Groups (BDGs)
You can apply to the BDGs scheme at these events. The Scheme will be open from 10am on Monday 18 November 2019 until 4pm on Friday 23 January 2020. BDGs bring small groups of farmers together locally, to enhance their knowledge of business management, new technologies and innovative ways of working. This year there is an Environmental Farming option in addition to all other agriculture sectors.
Technology Demonstration Farms (TDFs)
This is the latest scheme to be launched by CAFRE. Come along to a ‘CAFRE – Supporting Your Farm Business’ event and find out more about the latest technologies and innovations being demonstrated on the local network of TDFs across Northern Ireland.
Farm Innovation Visits (FIVs)
FIVs give farmers the opportunity to visit farms across the UK or Europe and gain first-hand experience of on-farm innovative approaches. At these events you can hear about recent successful visits and find out more about forthcoming visits to see innovations which are not currently practiced within Northern Ireland’s farming industry.
Farm Family Key Skills (FFKS)
FFKS offers free training to farmers, family members and employees in local venues. Training is currently available in ‘Responsible Use of Antimicrobials’, ‘First Aid Awareness’ and ‘Coping with Pressures of Farming’.
Download more information on CAFRE – Supporting Your Farm Business’ events or call 028 9442 6790 or email: email@example.com
These schemes are partly funded by the EU through the Rural Development Programme 2014 - 2020.
Notes to editors:
- Photo caption - Find out more about Schemes which can benefit your business at the 'CAFRE – Supporting Your Farm Business’ events. Martin McKendry, CAFRE Director (Right) is pictured with Scheme Managers who will be available to advise you on the best options for you and your business. Also pictured left to right are Kenneth Johnston, John McKee, Fiona Dickson and Sean McIntyre.’
- CAFRE – Supporting Your Farm Business’ events will provide information about Knowledge Transfer and Innovation Schemes including the new Environmental Farming option in Business Development Groups and the recently launched Technology Demonstration Farms.
- College of Agriculture Food & Rural enterprise (CAFRE) is responsible for the delivery of Knowledge Transfer, Innovation and Cooperation Schemes.
- For more information on these Schemes, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Knowledge Transfer Administration on 028 9442 6790.
- These Schemes are part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, email@example.com or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- CAFRE graduate ‘blossoms’ into potential world beater 16 January 2020
- Management notes for January 2020 16 January 2020
- Chief Veterinary Officer stresses importance of excellent biosecurity 15 January 2020
- Don’t miss out - Business Development Groups Scheme Closing to Applications 14 January 2020