The College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE) is hosting an online webinar on Tuesday 24 August at 8:00pm focusing on Growing Homegrown Proteins Harvesting and Storage.
Following on from the launch of the Pilot Protein Crops Scheme by the Minister of Agriculture earlier this year, CAFRE hosted an event focusing on the growing and feeding of protein crops. Having attracted a strong level of interest with a significant area planted, CAFRE is providing an online update on the progress of the scheme to provide growers with advice and practical tips on getting their crops harvested.
Don Morrow (CAFRE) will provide an update on the scheme outlining which crops attracted the most interest. Leigh McClean (Crops Adviser, CAFRE) will offer advice on preparing for harvesting and storage of the crops and Charlie Kilpatrick, an Arable Farmer from County Down, will discuss practical tips based on his experience over his six years of growing spring beans.
If you have any specific questions you would like to raise, please email them in advance to Robin Bolton, Senior Crops Adviser: Robin.Bolton@daera-ni.gov.uk. The panel will answer these questions during the event.
Registration for the event is required. To register visit the CAFRE website.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office: email@example.com.
- Go online to complete your sheep and goat inventories 02 December 2021
- Can your calf rearing strategy improve farm labour efficiency? 01 December 2021
- Temporary Control Zone introduced in NI after Avian Influenza confirmation in Co Monaghan 01 December 2021
- Poots welcomes moves to introduce greater protection under Finn’s Law 30 November 2021