CAFRE Enniskillen is offering young people an opportunity to “Earn as you learn” through its Equine Apprenticeship programme.
The NI Apprenticeship programme is an excellent way to gain British Horse Society qualifications, while continuing to earn and develop practical skills in the workplace.
Apprentices on the programme attend CAFRE Enniskillen Campus for short training blocks throughout the year, with regular visits from tutors to their workplace to review progress. There are currently a number of equine employers interested in employing an apprentice.
CAFRE recently welcomed new apprentices onto its equine Apprenticeship programme. Apprentices had the opportunity to ride, attend lectures and practical classes, and meet and greet other students.
Katie Gill from Kilkeel has recently joined the Apprenticeship programme and is excited for the year ahead. Katie would like to open up her own riding stables and believes that this course offers her all the tools required to do this.
If you are aged between 16 and 24 years old and are interested in gaining a qualification through the Apprenticeship scheme please contact Laura Cuddy or Jenny Richardson on 028 6634 4853, or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- A timely reminder of changes to record keeping for High Phosphorous poultry manure 23 January 2020
- Northern Ireland Greenhouse Gas Projection Statistics Released 23 January 2020
- Minister Poots extends closing date to Business Development Groups Scheme 22 January 2020
- Increase farming knowledge and skills by joining a Business Development Group 22 January 2020