A team of budding florists from CAFRE are preparing to compete in a student competition at the prestigious Interflora World Cup in Manchester in September.
Led by floristry tutor Anne Marie Grant, the team of three floristry students will showcase their skills at the Manchester Central Exhibition Complex on Saturday 9th September, in a bid to be crowned Interflora’s Student Team of the Year.
The CAFRE florists, Grace Thompson, Carly Gilmore and Kathleen McClorey - will compete against teams from four other colleges. They’ll have just 50 minutes to create a huge worker bee – the symbol of Manchester – in flowers and foliage. Truly a task designed to test skill, push boundaries, and encourage creativity and innovation to bloom.
The Student Team Competition takes place on day three of the Interflora World Cup event, being held in the UK for the first time since its inception in 1972. It’s a chance for elite florists from around the globe to showcase their incredible talent. For the first time, Interflora has chosen to expand the event to create a showstopping experience for visitors, including the general public, who can expect artisan stalls with food, drink and shopping, as well as workshops and entertainment.
2023 also marks Interflora’s 100th birthday and the event will form part of their centenary celebrations. Tickets for the World Cup event, including the Student Team Competition on Saturday 9th September, are available here Tickets - Interflora World Cup 2023 (eventarena.co.uk)
Notes to editors:
- Photo caption: Florists who will represent CAFRE at the Interflora World Cup competition in September: Grace Thompson (Lisburn), Level 3 student; Carly Gilmore (Ahoghill) Level 3 graduate working at Beautiful Blossoms Maghera; and Kathleen McClorey (Newry) Level 3 graduate and owner of Rambling Rose with CAFRE’s Floristry Lecturer Anne-Marie Grant.
- The Interflora Student Team Competition is sponsored by Interflora Floristry Trade Club and Oasis Floral Products.
- To find out more visit: www.worldcup.interflora.co.uk
- For more information on the Interflora World Cup, please email email@example.com or call Sarah, Rose or Alice on 0161 839 1986.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 028 9052 4619.
- Castlewellan farmer making use of his SNHS results 22 September 2023
- Preparation is key to a successful calving season 21 September 2023
- Dairy farmers visit farms in Scotland to see breeding technologies in practice 20 September 2023
- Rush Control - Online Information Session – Camowen Catchment – Co Tyrone 19 September 2023