2016 is the Northern Ireland Year of Food and Drink. Each month has been designated a specific theme, with April being ‘Brewing and Distilling’.
In keeping with the theme, CAFRE, Loughry Campus and Invest NI hosted an ‘Alcoholic Beverages – The Way Ahead’ workshop.
Reflecting the significant growth in this sector, delegates from all over Ireland attended the joint workshop. The workshop provided attendees with an overview of producing alcoholic beverages and highlighted innovations in ingredients, products and processes. The complete production cycle was discussed by renowned industrial representatives; from sourcing raw materials, to handling the waste and potential funding. A market review of craft products stimulated much discussion.
The programme was specifically designed to inform, encourage and support companies of all sizes and also to facilitate a networking opportunity for those involved in the sector.
If you wish to obtain further information or seek technical support in this area, please contact Audrey Kelly at the Loughry Campus (028 8676 8101).
Notes to editors:
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, email@example.com or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Attention to detail essential for successful potato desiccation following Diquat withdrawal 13 August 2020
- Northern Ireland local authority collected municipal waste management statistics released 13 August 2020
- Trees that are ‘delightful to the eye' are also useful to humans and a haven for wildlife 13 August 2020
- Poots meets with farmers and stakeholders on the north coast 12 August 2020