The Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Horse Care is an accredited course which will run over eight evenings at the College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE) Greenmount Campus, Antrim
This is a theory based course which will cover aspects of horse care including feeding & watering, horse health and welfare, fitting horse clothing such as tack and rugs, health & safety when working with horses and employment rights and responsibilities.
The course will run on Tuesday evenings starting on Tuesday 3 March 2020 from 7:15 to 9:30 pm until Tuesday 5 May, with breaks for St Patricks Day and Easter.
The course is suitable for anyone over 16 years of age, wishing to improve their knowledge of horses and stable management, for example private owners, small scale breeders, leisure riders and non-equine veterinary nurses are all potential participants.
There will be a one off exam registration fee of £60. Enrol online and click on Equine or email: Laura.Smith@daera-ni.gov.uk for more information. Registration for this course closes on 26 February 2020.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Learning Theory with Dr Helen Spence 17 February 2020
- Forfeiture order granted for the disposal and destruction of illegal fishing equipment 17 February 2020
- Love is in the air as Greenmount florists in training prepare for a beautiful Valentine’s Day 14 February 2020
- Minister Poots launches NI’s first tractor driving simulators 13 February 2020