The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has today announced that the rate of advance Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) payments for 2019 will be 70% of claim value.
The Department successfully obtained European Commission approval to issue advance payments at the higher rate and based its application on the reduction in farm incomes being experienced this year, particularly on cattle and sheep farms.
Advance payments will commence on 16 October 2019 and will be made to all eligible farm businesses in Northern Ireland which have fully verified claims. Balance payments, or full payments for those not eligible for an advance payment, will commence on 2 December 2019.
The Sterling-Euro exchange rate, on which payments are based, will be confirmed on 30 September in the usual manner.
Notes to editors:
- CAP Direct Payments of approximately €322million were paid to 24,358 farm businesses in 2018.
- Payments form part of the funding covered by the UK Government Guarantee for EU funded programmes. Download more information.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- 2019 Sheep and Goats Annual Inventory Cards 18 November 2019
- CAFRE launch £17,000 student bursary programme 18 November 2019
- Inter Ministerial Group for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (IMG EFRA) 15 November 2019
- DAERA issues £195.4m to farmers in advance payments 14 November 2019