The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has today announced that the rate of advance CAP payments for 2018 will increase from 50% to 70% of claim value.
The European Commission has approved an application from the Department to increase the rate of advance payments from 16 October 2018 due to the series of recent adverse weather events, namely a combination of persistently wet weather and stormy conditions earlier in the year, followed by exceptionally high temperatures with little or no rain during the latter part of June to date, causing drought conditions.
Advance payments will commence on 16 October 2018 and will be made to all eligible farm businesses in Northern Ireland which have fully verified claims. Balance payments, or full payments for those not eligible for an advance payment, will commence from 1 December 2018.
Notes to editors:
1. The European Commission’s Implementing Decision on advance payments which permits Northern Ireland to increase the level of advance payments from 50% to 70% in in respect of claim year 2018 was adopted on 01 October 2018.
3. All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
This is an automated distribution service - please do not reply to this email address. If you wish to unsubscribe from this service please email EIS.email@example.com
- Collaboration and engagement key to facing challenges 16 May 2019
- Control noxious weeds now 16 May 2019
- New code to help farmers reduce air pollutant 16 May 2019
- Government launches ‘One Health’ approach to tackle antimicrobial resistance 16 May 2019