A support scheme worth up to £1.6 million for local pig farmers has been announced by the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA).
The scheme is targeted at pig producers who have been financially impacted by the effects of increasing input costs and will be implemented in accordance with a Ministerial Direction issued by former Agriculture Minister, Edwin Poots MLA, before leaving office on 28th October 2022.
Further details on the scheme, including eligibility criteria and payment mechanisms will be announced in the coming weeks.
Notes to editors:
- Further details will be provided in the coming weeks.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office at: email@example.com.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook: https://twitter.com/daera_ni and www.facebook.com/daerani.gov.uk
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Optimising nutrient use efficiency webinars 27 January 2023
- In field ammonia emission mitigations – Using Protected Urea Fertiliser and Low Emission Slurry Spreading Equipment to reduce ammonia emissions 26 January 2023
- Pay increase for Agricultural Workers 26 January 2023
- DAERA appoints five new members to CAFRE College Advisory Group 24 January 2023