Dr Denis McMahon, the Permanent Secretary for the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has launched an Easy Read version of the Forest Service’s forestry planning scoping consultation document.
Speaking during a visit to Forest Service headquarters at Inishkeen House, Enniskillen, Dr McMahon said, “Developing and revising Forest Plans is a vital part of Forest Service’s contribution to a living, working, active landscape valued by everyone. These plans shape the delivery of the many services forests and woodlands deliver such as timber production, carbon capture, biodiversity and recreational opportunities.”
“It is important that we revise forest plans to make sure that they continue to meet the diverse and sometimes competing needs of people, wildlife and industry. We try to involve everyone with an interest when we are revising forest plans. To date, our scoping consultations with stakeholders have been very successful with over 150 organisations and members of the public responding.
“I am delighted to introduce the Easy Read version of the forestry scoping consultation documents and I am confident that it will make forestry consultation more accessible.”
Forest Service invites you to express your views about any of the topics presented in the Easy Read document and to tell the Forestry Planning team of your interests or concerns.
You can read the Easy Read document online or you can ask for a printed version from Forest Service
Forest Service are reviewing all eight Forestry Planning Areas in Northern Ireland. The consultation period for West Tyrone and East Fermanagh / East Tyrone Forestry Planning Areas ends on 27 September 2019.
Notes to editors:
- The attached photographs can be used in relation to the article. Caption: Left to right: Mr John Joe O’Boyle – Forest Service Chief Executive, Ms Áine McGuigan – Forest Service Planning, Dr Denis McMahon, the Permanent Secretary for the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA), Mrs Fiona McCandless – Rural Affairs, Forest Service and Estate Transformation Group and Mr Breandan Mulholland – Forest Service Planning Foresters
- Download the Easy Read version.
- Currently there are two ongoing consultations: West Tyrone Forest Planning Area and East Fermanagh / East Tyrone Forestry Planning Area. The consultation runs from 27 June 2019 to 27 September 2019.
- This engagement is part of a wider programme. To date three other engagements have been carried out.
- Download the scoping documents.
- Follow us on Twitter and on Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- DAERA to reduce number of inspections for 2020 Basic Payment Scheme 08 July 2020
- The Dairy-4-Future project sees pilot farmers meet on-farm and online 08 July 2020
- Co Down communities ‘revitalised’ thanks to major DAERA investment 08 July 2020
- Application deadline for CAFRE Agricultural Business Operations (Level II) Course is looming 07 July 2020