Farm Businesses across Northern Ireland will begin to receive balance or full Direct Payments from Mon 03 December, the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has announced.
It is anticipated that payments will begin to reach farm business bank accounts from Thursday 6 December 2018 and will continue on a daily basis throughout the month of December. Payment letters, which can also be viewed online through DAERA’s Online Services portal, have started to issue.
Payments can only be made on fully verified claims. Therefore, balance payments will be made to farmers who received an Advance Direct Payment in October/November and full payments will be made to those with verified claims who could not receive an Advance Payment at that time.
As the Department had obtained permission from the European Commission to make advance payments at 70% of claim value, balance payments will comprise the remaining 30% of claim value.
Notes to editors:
- The exchange rate for 2018 is €1 = £0.89281
- Direct Payments in the UK are paid in sterling except where the farmer elects for payment in Euro by the deadline for submission of Single Applications.
- Payments will be made in the chosen currency by electronic transfer into the farm business bank account.
- Advance Direct Payments have been made to 23,278 farm businesses totalling £190 million.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Using technology and innovation to protect the environment and support farm efficiency 17 January 2020
- CAFRE graduate ‘blossoms’ into potential world beater 16 January 2020
- Management notes for January 2020 16 January 2020
- Chief Veterinary Officer stresses importance of excellent biosecurity 15 January 2020