DAERA Direct offices will open to customers again from Monday 07 June 2021, Agriculture Minister Edwin Poots MLA has announced.
Services to customers will be available on a strict appointment only basis for the immediate future.
Minister Poots said: “In line with the NI Executive’s Pathway out of Restrictions, I have agreed that the DAERA Direct offices should reopen to customers from 07 June on a strict appointment only basis. The arrangements are targeted at those customers who require face-to-face assistance with complex transactions.
“Other routine business with DAERA should continue to be conducted online, by telephony or by delivering documents to the post box at the local office. I am satisfied that this limited re-opening can be managed within the existing Executive and public health guidelines and will be kept under review.”
Before attending a DAERA Direct Office please book an appointment by contacting your local DAERA Direct office on 0300 200 7840.
Notes to editors:
- DAERA Direct Offices closed to the public in March 2020 to facilitate the implementation of PHA guidance on COVID-19 in relation to social distancing measures and to help reduce the transmission of the virus. However, back office processing continued and customers have been able to conduct their routine business online, by telephony or by depositing papers in a secure post box at their local office.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Northern Ireland greenhouse gas statistics 1990-2019 released 15 June 2021
- Every day is a school day on the hills 15 June 2021
- CAFRE - Countryside College 15 June 2021
- Postgraduate study opportunities at CAFRE 15 June 2021