The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has announced that compiling data for the 2019 Agricultural Census is now underway.
Data collated in the Agricultural Census assists DAERA in policy decision making, research, business planning and measuring the success of previous policies. Outputs include time series data and frequency distributions. Results are presented at regional and sub-regional level.
A DAERA spokesperson said: “The Agricultural Census is an important source of data that enables the Department to plan ahead and make important policy decisions to benefit farmers and rural communities.
“I would encourage farm businesses to complete the Agricultural Census, and preferably via our online services portal. It is more cost effective and has built in validation checks, it is also better for the environment, reduces paper and transport costs.”
If you wish to complete the census online, you can do so via the DAERA Online Services Portal.
If you need help to access DAERA Online Services, please contact your local DAERA Direct Office on 0300 200 7848 or 0300 200 7840.
In order to submit your census data online you must first have a nidirect or Government Gateway account. Further help about either account is available at nidirect or via Government Gateway accounts through the DAERA website.
Notes to editors:
- Results and statistics from the Agricultural Census in NI are available to download for free from the DAERA website.
- The Agricultural Census is one of the longest running surveys in the world, having begun in 1847.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- CAFRE EFS event at Enniskillen Campus 19 August 2019
- CAFRE Dry stone walling courses – 2019 19 August 2019
- Co. Down farmer fined for allowing farm effluent to enter a waterway 16 August 2019
- CAFRE Agricultural Business Operations (Level II) Course - closing date for 2019/20 enrolments is approaching 14 August 2019