To access DAERA Online services via Government Gateway you must complete the following 3 steps:
- Step 1: Create a Government Gateway account online
- Step 2: Verify your identity at a DAERA Direct office
- Step 3: Log in to verified Government Gateway account
Step 1: Create a Government Gateway account online
- create your Government Gateway account
- enter and verify your email address
- generate your user ID for Government Gateway
- enter your personal details
- make note of your Identity verification code as you will need this for step 2 ‘Verify your identity at a DAERA Direct office’
Step 2: Verify your identity at a DAERA Direct office
- bring your Identity verification code and 3 acceptable forms of ID from list detailed below to a DAERA Direct office.
- at the DAERA Direct office your Government Gateway account information (name, address etc) will be checked against your 3 forms of ID, so it is important you ensure they match.
- once matched the DAERA Direct officer will verify your account and you can access your DAERA online services.
Step 3: Log in to verified Government Gateway account
- return to log in with the Government Gateway account details
- enter your DAERA Customer ID (on first login only)
You will then be able to view all DAERA Online Services available to you and select the service you wish to use.
Contact details for Government Gateway
If you have any queries regarding a Government Gateway account you can contact your local DAERA Direct office:
- By telephone on 0300 200 7840
Acceptable forms of ID
If you need to provide ID to complete your verification, you will have to bring at least three documents in your name, one document from group one and two from group two (see below). These must include:
- a photo ID
- a document with your address on it (which must be the same address used to set up the account)
Any other documents you bring which include an address must have the same address.
For example, you can bring a current passport (any nationality) or a current driving licence from group one, and a marriage certificate and current TV licence from group two.
If this is not possible, then you must bring four documents from Group Two, one of which must be a photo ID.
- current passport - any nationality
- biometric residence permit (UK)
- current driving licence (UK, NI, ROI, Isle of Man, Channel Islands or any EU country)
- original birth certificate (UK, Isle of Man or Channel Islands)
- original long form Irish birth certificate
- original adoption certificate (UK, Isle of Man or Channel Islands)
- work permit or visa (UK) (UK residence permit)
- current UK driving licence
- certified copy of a UK birth or adoption certificate - full or short certificate acceptable
- marriage or civil partnership certificate
- current UK firearms licence
- HM Forces ID card (UK Only)
- current TV licence
- Electoral ID card (NI only)
- EU national ID card
- cards carrying PASS accreditation logo (UK and Channel Islands)
- Senior SmartPass issued by Translink (NI only)
- examination certificates (16-18 year olds only)
The following group 2 documents must be dated within the last three months:
- bank or building society statement (UK or EEA)
- credit card statement
- utility bill (UK or ROI) – not mobile phone
- benefit statement (UK only)
- addressed payslip
The following group 2 documents must be dated within the last 12 months:
- mortgage statement (UK or EEA)
- financial statement - ie savings account (UK)
- P45 or P60 statement (UK and Channel Islands)
- Land & Property Services rates demand (NI only)