The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) is encouraging agri-food businesses traders and those trading in plants to register for the Department’s forthcoming online EU Exit events.
The events will provide information and guidance to help businesses prepare for the end of the transition period. The first online event which will take place on 23 November from 2:00 - 4:15 pm will cover trading implications, certification requirements and imports and exports to GB, EU and Rest of the World post transition. Agri-food business owners, traders and those trading in plants must pre-register to take part.
Announcing the online events a DAERA spokesperson said “As we approach the end of the transition period on 31 December 2020 we remain very conscious of the need to continue to engage with stakeholders and provide the most up-to-date information to help businesses prepare for changes that will come into force from 01 January 2021.
"The first event on 23 November will provide up to date information on trading implications, certification requirements and imports and exports to GB, EU and Rest of the World post transition.
"The events will also offer participants the opportunity to ask questions about the issues most relevant to their particular business so we would encourage all businesses that may be impacted by EU Exit to join us on the 23 November. All agri-food businesses, traders and those trading in plants must register in advance to take part.”
Acknowledging the ongoing negotiations the DAERA spokesperson added; “As negotiations between the UK and EU continue we will announce further online webinars once agreements and decisions have been reached so that businesses can avail of the current position to aid their preparations further.”
Notes to editors:
- Details on how to register for the event.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hour’s service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- February stocking of Departmental waters 05 March 2021
- Have your say on the future of forests in County Armagh 05 March 2021
- Management notes for March 2021 05 March 2021
- Equine Infectious Disease Alert – Outbreak of EHV-1 in Spain 04 March 2021