Full or balance direct payments have commenced with 99% (23,609) of NI farm businesses having their payment released today, bringing the total issued since October to £281million.
The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) paid out £85.6million today, on day one of the December window, in addition to the £195.4million previously issued in advance in October/November.
A DAERA spokesman said: “Today, 99% of farm businesses will receive their full or balanced payments on day one of the payment window – a record breaking achievement. This included 95% of farm businesses subject to land inspections.
“Payments will begin to reach farm business bank accounts from 5 December 2019. The Department continues to work hard to pay the remaining claims as quickly as possible.”
Payment letters have issued today and are available through DAERA’s online portal.
Balance payments can only be made on fully verified claims. Full payments will be made to those with fully verified claims who could not receive an Advance Payment at that time.
As the Department had obtained permission from the European Commission to make advance payments at 70% of claim value, balance payments will comprise the remaining 30% of claim value.
Notes to editors:
- The exchange rate for 2019 is €1 = £0.89092.
- Direct Payments in the UK are paid in sterling except where the farmer elects for payment in Euro by the deadline for submission of Single Applications.
- Payments will be made in the chosen currency by electronic transfer into the farm business bank account.
- Direct Payments have been made to 23,609 farm businesses totalling £281million.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- CAFRE graduate ‘blossoms’ into potential world beater 16 January 2020
- Management notes for January 2020 16 January 2020
- Chief Veterinary Officer stresses importance of excellent biosecurity 15 January 2020
- Don’t miss out - Business Development Groups Scheme Closing to Applications 14 January 2020