The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) today announced that farmers have received a total of £195.4m in Advance Direct Payments.
For the fourth successive year DAERA has achieved a record payment performance, with 99% of farmers receiving an advance payment, representing 23,592 farm businesses. This includes 88% of farm businesses subject to land inspections, representing a 36% increase from 2018.
Northern Ireland remains the only region of the United Kingdom to issue Advance Direct Payments and the Department successfully obtained permission from the European Commission to make Advance Direct Payments at 70% of claim value rather than 50%.
This year’s performance exceeds last year’s record of 97% demonstrating DAERA’s commitment to continuing to deliver for the farming community.
Balance payments, or full payments for those unable to receive an advance payment, will commence from 02 December 2019.
Notes to editors:
1. The exchange rate for 2019 is €1 = £0.89092
2. Direct Payments in the UK are paid in sterling except where the farmer elects for payment in Euro by the deadline for submission of Single Applications.
3. Payments will be made in the chosen currency by electronic transfer into the farm business bank account.
4. Advance Direct Payments totalling £190 million were made to 23,278 farm businesses in November 2018.
5. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
6. All media queries should be directed to DAERA Press Office or Telephone 028 9052 4619. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Management notes for January 2020 16 January 2020
- CAFRE graduate ‘blossoms’ into potential world beater 16 January 2020
- Chief Veterinary Officer stresses importance of excellent biosecurity 15 January 2020
- Don’t miss out - Business Development Groups Scheme Closing to Applications 14 January 2020