The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has announced that the 2018 Rural Micro Capital Grant Scheme is now open for applications.
Micro Capital grants of between £200 and £1,500 are available to rural community-led, voluntary organisations for projects tackling issues of local poverty and / or social isolation.
The total project cost must not exceed £3,000. Projects must clearly address an issue of rural poverty and / or social isolation and applicants must provide a minimum of 15% match funding.
The scheme is being delivered by Rural Support Networks on behalf of DAERA.
Application forms, guidance notes and further advice and information are available from the Rural Support Network in your local council area.
The closing date for applications is 4pm on Friday 5 October 2018.
Notes to editors:
- The Rural Micro Capital Grant Scheme is funded under the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs Tackling Rural Poverty and Social Isolation Programme.
- The total amount of funding available for the 2018 Rural Micro Capital Grant Scheme is c£500,000.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or via email. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- First Aid for Farm Families launched for 2019-20 21 October 2019
- NI beef industry gains access to £230 million Chinese market 21 October 2019
- Advance Direct Payments to commence 15 October 2019
- Top tips for managing your EFS agreement and claim 15 October 2019