The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) today announced publication of the ‘Farm Business Data 2020’ farm planning handbook.
‘Farm Business Data 2020’ is a valuable source of information for farmers, their professional advisors, those undertaking formal training in agriculture or anyone who requires planning and budgetary data relating to farming in Northern Ireland. The role of the handbook is to provide a comprehensive and authoritative source of physical and financial information that is tailored to farm planning needs in Northern Ireland.
The handbook provides a useful guide to budgets for all the crop and livestock enterprises commonly found in Northern Ireland. There is also a section on Farm Support Schemes which details the operation of selected schemes such as the Basic Payment Scheme.
A range of useful information in the 'Miscellaneous' section includes a summary of nitrates and phosphorous regulations. It also includes details on taxation, fixed costs, machinery costs, hire charges, contractors’ charges, conacre rents and key DAERA contact points.
Full details of the Farm Business Data 2020’ is available on the DAERA website at: https://www.daera-ni.gov.uk/articles/farm-business-data
Notes to editors:
- Data presented in the enterprise budgets is in ‘normalised’ gross margin format and is unsuitable for comparing the performance of individual businesses against standards of performance for the sector as a whole. Data suitable for this purpose are published in ‘Northern Ireland Farm Performance Indicators 2018/19’ which is available at https://www.daera-ni.gov.uk/articles/ni-farm-performance-indicators
- Farm Business Data 2020’ is available on the DAERA website at https://www.daera-ni.gov.uk/articles/farm-business-data
- A limited number of hard copies of the handbook may be obtained from the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs, Policy, Economics and Statistics Division, Room 817, Dundonald House, Upper Newtownards Road, Belfast BT4 3SB, Tel: 028 9052 4750 or by e-mail AEB.EconStats@daera-ni.gov.uk.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office at email@example.com
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook: https://twitter.com/daera_ni and www.facebook.com/daerani.gov.uk
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Larchfield Estate undergoes £117,000 refurbishment through the Rural Development Programme 29 October 2020
- Minister reminds people of benefits of recycling during visit to reprocessing facility 28 October 2020
- Pig management at your fingertips! 27 October 2020
- Benefits of feeding colostrum and transition milk 27 October 2020