The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs has launched a recruitment campaign to appoint a new chair and a member to the College Advisory Group (CAG).
CAG provides advice on strategic and operational issues to the College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE) management team. The Group has twelve members and it is currently chaired by Dr Mike Johnston MBE, of the Dairy Council for Northern Ireland. CAG has expertise across all sectors of the agri-food industry and there are now two positions required to be filled from 1 July 2021. These positions are a new Chair and a new member representing the Dairying sector.
The College Advisory Group has been providing advice to CAFRE since 2007. College Director, Martin McKendry said: “At CAFRE we aim to develop and deliver programmes of education, knowledge transfer and innovation which underpin the sustainable development of the local agri-food industry. CAG has provided sound and impartial advice which has assisted CAFRE to further develop its wide portfolio of programmes and invest in key capital projects.
“I would like to thank the outgoing Chair and member for their valuable contribution to CAG and I look forward to welcoming the new Chair and member later in the year who will help the College respond to the current and future needs of the industry.”
The Group meets up to a maximum of six times per year across CAFRE’s campuses which are situated in Antrim, Cookstown and Enniskillen. Applicants for the Chair position must have a minimum of three years’ experience within the last 10 years working in the agri-food sector and a minimum of three years senior management experience within the last 10 years including the Chairing of committees and working groups. The member representing the Dairying sector must have recent experience and knowledge of the Dairying sector.
The closing date for applications is 4.00 pm on Friday 30 April 2021.
Notes to editors:
- Download more information and an application form from the DAERA website or write to: Richard McCreedy, Room 516A, Dundonald House, Upper Newtownards Road, Belfast, BT4 3SB, Tel: (028) 9052 0889, Text relay 18001 08290520889 for deaf and hard of hearing users or e-mail: email@example.com
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- CAFRE – the right place to study for a successful career in the Agri-food industry 02 August 2021
- Prepare your food business for PPDS Allergen Labelling Changes 02 August 2021
- Phosphate Fertilisation Planning – How can this benefit your farm? 02 August 2021
- Poots announces £2M Covid-19 support scheme for potato growers 30 July 2021