A recruitment campaign to appoint four new members to the CAFRE College Advisory Group (CAG) has been launched by The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA).
The College Advisory Group (CAG), currently chaired by Maynard Mawhinney, provides advice on strategic and operational issues to the CAFRE management team and represents all sectors of the Agri-Food industry.
The vacancies for four members of the CAG are required to be filled from 1 January 2022. These positions are in the areas of Arable/Crops, Education, Food Processing and Poultry/Pigs.
CAFRE Director, Martin McKendry said: “At CAFRE we aim to develop and deliver programmes of education, knowledge transfer and innovation which underpin the sustainable development of the local Agri-Food industry.
“CAG has provided sound and impartial advice for over 10 years which has assisted CAFRE to further develop its wide portfolio of programmes and invest in key capital projects across the campuses.
“I would like to thank the outgoing members for their valuable contribution to CAG and I look forward to welcoming four new members in 2022 who will help the College respond to the current and future needs of the industry.”
The Group meets up to a maximum of six times per year across CAFRE’s campuses which are situated in Antrim, Cookstown and Enniskillen. Applicants must have recent experience and knowledge of the sector they wish to represent.
The posts are advertised in the local press and on the DAERA website. For further information and an application form please go to the DAERA website or write to: Richard McCreedy, Room 516A, Dundonald House, Upper Newtownards Road, Belfast, BT4 3SB, Tel: (028) 9052 0889, Text relay 18001 08290520889 for deaf and hard of hearing users or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 4.00 pm on Friday 29 October 2021.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Future proofing your dairy business webinar 1 – Carbon Awareness 26 October 2021
- Executive launches draft Green Growth Strategy for Northern Ireland 26 October 2021
- The Lamb Van hits the road 25 October 2021
- Minister Poots welcomes new appointment to the Council for Nature Conservation and the Countryside 25 October 2021