A recruitment campaign to appoint six new members to the CAFRE College Advisory Group (CAG) has been launched by The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA).
The College Advisory Group (CAG), currently chaired by Mr Maynard Mawhinney, provides advice on strategic and operational issues to the College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE) management team and contains expertise from across all sectors of the Agri-Food industry.
The vacancies for six members of the CAG are required to be filled from 1 January 2023. These positions are in the areas of Agri-Food Business Development, Environment, Environment in the Supply Chain, Higher Education, Poultry/Pigs and Red Meat Sector.
CAFRE Director, Martin McKendry said: “At CAFRE we aim to develop and deliver programmes of education and knowledge transfer which provide the local Agri-Food industry with a skilled workforce.
“The CAG has been providing advice for over 10 years on a wide range of issues which have aided the CAFRE Management Team in making strategic decisions on programme delivery and capital investment projects at each campus.
“I would like to thank the outgoing members for their valuable contribution to the Group and I look forward to welcoming the new members in 2023 who will help the College respond to the current and future needs of the industry.”
The Group meets up to five times per year across CAFRE’s campuses which are situated in Antrim, Cookstown and Enniskillen. Applicants must have recent experience and knowledge of the sector they wish to represent.
The posts are advertised in the local press and on the DAERA website. For further information and an application form please go to the DAERA website or write to: Richard McCreedy, Room 516A, Dundonald House, Upper Newtownards Road, Belfast, BT4 3SB, Tel: (028) 9052 0889, Text relay 18001 028 9052 0889 for deaf and hard of hearing users or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 4.00 pm on Friday 14 October 2022.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Noise Complaint Statistics 2020-21 report released 01 December 2022
- Northern Ireland local authority collected municipal waste management statistics released 01 December 2022
- Winter Feeding – Dairy BDG members discuss measure to manage! 30 November 2022
- Avian housing order introduced in NI 25 November 2022