Jessica Finnegan, a third year Honours Degree student in Equine Management at CAFRE Enniskillen Campus was the recipient of the Danske Bank Bursary.
Jessica received £1,000 for achieving the top mark in the BSc3 Business Management & Development module. Students studying this module completed a business development plan based on the critical appraisal of a proposed equine enterprise.
Jessica is from Jonesborough, Co Down and has already completed the FdSc Equine Management at CAFRE Enniskillen Campus. She is a regular competitor at Working Hunter and Show jumping competitions and last year was selected to compete at the British Show Pony Society International Summer Championships.
Receiving the award, Jessica said that: “I am delighted to have won this award, kindly offered by Danske Bank as it will be beneficial in helping me to travel to Kentucky, USA this year to further my experience in the Thoroughbred industry.”
CAFRE Enniskillen Campus welcomes the partnership with Danske Bank through the bursary programme.The support and advice that Mr John Henning, Head of Agriculture Relations and Mr Rodney Brown, Agribusiness Manager, have given to our students is invaluable to their current education and their future careers.
For further information on the equine courses offered at Enniskillen Campus, check out our website on www.cafre.ac.uk or follow us at DiscoverCAFRE on Facebook.
By Ruth Moore, Lecturer, CAFRE Enniskillen Campus
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter: @daera_ni.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, email@example.com or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- A reminder of the changes to applying slurry prior to and following the closed period 24 September 2020
- Careful harvesting to store will maintain potato crop quality 23 September 2020
- Future performance the focus for Fermanagh sheep enterprise 22 September 2020
- A day in the life of an Equine Student at CAFRE 21 September 2020