At CAFRE Enniskillen Campus the Equine Apprenticeship students have plenty to smile about as they completed their British Horse Society (BHS) Stage 2 Exam in late 2020.
The Level 2 Apprenticeship offers students the opportunity to ‘Earn as they Learn’ whilst achieving a recognised qualification.
This programme helps students develop valuable skills and gain a recognised qualification whilst employed in the industry. Apprentices on this programme attend CAFRE Enniskillen Campus for short training blocks throughout the year as well as completing weekly online theory sessions.
Kerry Creighton from Carrickfergus who is employed at Dalways Bawn Livery Stables said: “I am just thrilled to get my BHS Stage 2 exam. I really enjoy my time at CAFRE. The blended learning approach really suited me and allowed me to work full time as well as gaining a qualification. During lockdown it was brilliant that we could carry on learning online which meant we could complete our exam as soon as restrictions eased.”
CAFRE would like to take this opportunity to thank the employers who supported the apprentices and hope that their training and new skills help develop their business in the New Year.
Notes to editors:
- Photo caption - CAFRE Enniskillen Campus Level 2 Apprenticeship in the Equine Industry students with BHS examiner Faith Ponsenby. Jessica Hendren, Armagh, Katie Gill, Kilkeel, Megan Shardlow, Carrickfergus and Kerry Creighton, Carrickfergus taking part in their BHS Stage 2 examination.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office.
- DAERA seeks views on the development of fisheries management measures for Marine Protected Areas and establishment of scallop enhancement sites in the Northern Ireland inshore region 25 January 2021
- Causeway Artisan Foods takes giant steps for innovation 25 January 2021
- EU Exit 22 January 2021
- New processes for the movement of hay and straw from GB to NI 21 January 2021