The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has announced publication of the ‘Farm Business Data 2017’ farm planning handbook.
‘Farm Business Data 2017’ will be a valuable source of information for farmers, their professional advisors, those undertaking formal training in agriculture or anyone who requires planning and budgetary data relating to farming in Northern Ireland. The role of ‘Farm Business Data’ is to provide a comprehensive and authoritative source of physical and financial information that is tailored to farm planning needs in Northern Ireland.
Budgets for all the crop and livestock enterprises commonly found in Northern Ireland are presented in the handbook. A section on Farm Support Schemes details the operation of selected schemes such as the Basic Payment Scheme.
A range of useful information in the 'Miscellaneous' section includes a summary of nitrates and phosphorous regulations. It also includes details on taxation, fixed costs, machinery costs, hire charges, contractors’ charges, conacre rents and key DAERA contact points.
'Farm Business Data 2017’ is available on the DAERA website.
Notes to editors:
- Data presented in the enterprise budgets is in ‘normalised’ gross margin format and is unsuitable for comparing the performance of individual businesses against standards of performance for the sector as a whole. Data suitable for this purpose are published in ‘Northern Ireland Farm Performance Indicators 2015/16’ which is available on the DAERA website.
- 'Farm Business Data 2017’ is available on the DAERA website .
- Hard copies of the handbook may be obtained (£7.50 each), from the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs, CAP Policy, Economics and Statistics Division, Room 817, Dundonald House, Upper Newtownards Road, Belfast BT4 3SB, Tel: 028 9052 4750 or by email: farmsurvey.PED@daera-ni.gov.uk.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or email DAERA Press Office. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @daera_ni.
- Key points for a healthy calving season within the suckler herd 02 February 2023
- Tarragon Bay fishing for success 02 February 2023
- Northern Ireland local authority collected municipal waste management statistics released 02 February 2023
- Practical steps to improve suckler cow fertility 02 February 2023