The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has published the booklet 'Northern Ireland Farm Performance Indicators 2015/16'.
This is the fourteenth edition of this annual publication, which is designed to provide farmers with reliable data to assess the current performance of their farm business.
Data in the booklet are extracted from farm account information, collected as part of the 2015/16 Northern Ireland Farm Business Survey, which is undertaken by DAERA. The Northern Ireland Farm Business Survey is composed of a representative sample of farm businesses and the data accurately reflect performance levels achieved on Northern Ireland farms.
Enterprise data are presented in gross margin format. Included are details of the value of output, variable costs and gross margin for each of the main enterprises found on Northern Ireland farms. For the more common enterprises, data are presented for four different levels of performance, according to the gross margin achieved, i.e. 'Excellent', 'Good', 'Moderate' and 'Poor'. These represent the levels of performance achieved around the average performance for any particular enterprise.
In addition to enterprise gross margin data, the booklet contains information on hay, silage and grazing costs and average fixed costs by type of farm.
Copies of 'Northern Ireland Farm Performance Indicators 2015/16’ are available, free of charge, by contacting 028 9052 4750 or by e-mail from: Farmsurvey.PED@daera-ni.gov.uk
The booklet can also be accessed on the DAERA website.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter @daera_ni.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office on 028 9052 4619 or e-mail DAERA Press Office: email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- DAERA extends appointment of the Chair of the Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI) 12 December 2018
- DAERA publishes new guide for buying a dog 11 December 2018
- DAERA launches 2019 Postgraduate Research Competition 11 December 2018
- CAFRE Children in Need simulator challenge 11 December 2018