Farm Family Key Skills (FFKS) first aid awareness training has now gone virtual.
You can easily access it via your phone, tablet, laptop or PC from home or work. FFKS training is free to farm families. Participating farm family members will also receive a free first aid kit and reference booklet.
The First Aid Awareness course is delivered by Global Horizon Skills Ltd on behalf of CAFRE. Over 2,300 farm family members have previously attended the face-to-face training, but Covid-19 has led to a rethink on how to deliver this very popular course. As a result, the newly designed first aid awareness training is delivered online using Zoom. This offers a very effective and convenient alternative to face to face delivery, allowing family members to attend together from home.
The new online sessions were launched in December and the feedback from participants has been excellent. These are some the comments from attendees
Fiona a mum of four said: “I have tried to do this course on quite a few occasions but having four kids I was very restricted when it came to getting babysitters. Zoom allowed me to be able to do this course from home. Knowing where the defibrillator is and how many lives it can save in itself was a real learning curve for me. Thank you all so much for this and all the great information has been priceless to say the least.”
Catherine, another participant, added: “This is such a valuable course for farmers. This information is life saving and being able to avail of this course via Zoom is forward thinking in view of a lot of farmers being isolated because of COVID. All you need is a screen and the interactive videos were so easy to follow, anyone could use this technology and that is what it is all about, easy to access and the imparting of life saving skills.”
John agreed by saying: “I found the course was excellent for me. I was particularly interested in the information on slurry mixing as I know that working with slurry is an extremely dangerous activity for farmers. I enjoyed the videos and liked the interactive part and was very pleased with my results.”
Further information on these first aid awareness courses is available on the CAFRE website.
Pre-booking a place is necessary, so that you can receive joining instructions in advance of the webinar.
The next available course dates are as follows:
- Monday 25 January 2021 from 7.00pm
- Wednesday 3 February 2021 from 7.00pm
If you would like to attend one of these courses or are interested in organising training for a local group, please contact Global Horizon Skills on 028 8225 6772 / 028 8225 0544 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Farm Family Key Skills courses are an important element of the Rural Development Programme. The FFKS programme is part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD).
Notes to editors:
- The College of Agriculture Food & Rural Enterprise (CAFRE) is responsible for the delivery of the Farm Family Key Skills (FFKS) programme.
- For more information on FFKS, please email email@example.com or call Knowledge Transfer Administration on 028 9442 6790.
- The FFKS programme is part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media queries should be directed to the DAERA Press Office.
- Poots announces plans to abolish the Agricultural Wages Board (AWB) 20 January 2021
- Changes to GB-NI livestock movement rules 19 January 2021
- New processes for moving equines from GB to NI 19 January 2021
- Northern Ireland Water Framework Directive Groundwater Status Update 2020 Statistics Released 14 January 2021