Students from the College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE), Loughry Campus, Cookstown have been able to finish their academic year on an energetic high by completing a charity walk in Co. Fermanagh.
Students travelled to Cuilcagh Boardwalk Trail, and along with some members of staff, completed a sponsored ascent of Cuilcagh Mountain.
Loughry’s Student Representative Council would like to thank all those who supported the event by taking part in the walk or by sponsoring the walkers in their challenge.
The students are delighted to have been able to donate a fantastic sum of £4,000 raised over the academic year to Air Ambulance NI.
You can keep up to date with campus news and student activities on Facebook @discovercafre.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Inter Ministerial Group for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (IMG EFRA) 24 January 2020
- Northern Ireland Greenhouse Gas Projection Statistics Released 23 January 2020
- A timely reminder of changes to record keeping for High Phosphorous poultry manure 23 January 2020
- Minister Poots extends closing date to Business Development Groups Scheme 22 January 2020