Students from the College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE), Loughry Campus, Cookstown have been able to finish their academic year on an energetic high by completing a charity walk in Co. Fermanagh.
Students travelled to Cuilcagh Boardwalk Trail, and along with some members of staff, completed a sponsored ascent of Cuilcagh Mountain.
Loughry’s Student Representative Council would like to thank all those who supported the event by taking part in the walk or by sponsoring the walkers in their challenge.
The students are delighted to have been able to donate a fantastic sum of £4,000 raised over the academic year to Air Ambulance NI.
You can keep up to date with campus news and student activities on Facebook @discovercafre.
Notes to editors:
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- Brucellosis compensation rates for August 2020 03 August 2020
- Changing direction - taking the robotic route on dairy farms 03 August 2020
- Preparing properly and safely for autumn calving 03 August 2020
- New dairy beef enterprise producing results on a Glens of Antrim farm 03 August 2020